Xamp Discrete Headphone Amplification
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 is the first sound card to feature Xamp, our custom-designed discrete headphone amplifier. Each audio channel is individually amplified, allowing the AE-5 to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an unaltered lossless model to each earcup regardless of demand. The ultra-low 1Ω output impedance drives 16-600Ω headphones perfectly.
SABRE32 Ultra Class DAC
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 is a SABRE32 Ultra Class PCIe DAC which is perfect for hi-resolution audio for games, music, and movies. It delivers up to 32-bit 384kHz playback with a 122dB DNR, ultra-low distortion and jitter.
Aurora Reactive Lighting System
Enjoy a symphony of lights and sound with the Aurora Reactive Lighting System! The AE-5 has customizable RGB LEDs on its body, and also features an included RGB LED strip. Program up to 16.8 million colors in different patterns with the free downloadable Sound Blaster Connect software for PC.
BlasterX Acoustic Engine
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 rides on Sound Blaster’s long legacy of audio processing and enhancements. BlasterX Acoustic Engine is a suite of fully customizable audio processing technologies that deliver new levels of audio immersion and precision for the ultimate competitive advantage. These sound technologies create unprecedented levels of audio realism, including stunning 3D surround effects for your speakers and headsets.
Expand your horizon with the world’s first smart gaming companion that enables you to visualize and see where enemies are on the radar through your mobile device for any First Person Shooter game. Scout mode has been given an updated feature that is sure to bring the pain to whoever you meet in the battlefield!
- +5V for Aurora lighting (requires 4-pin molex peripheral connector from PC power supply), PCI-e bus power
- Sound Core3D
Dynamic Range (DNR)
- 122 dB
Connectivity Options (Main)
- 1 x Front Panel Header, 1 x TOSLINK Optical Out, 1 x 1/8″ (3.5mm) Mic In / Line In, 1 x 1/8″ (3.5mm) Headphone / Headset Out, 1 x 1/8″ Front Out, 1 x 1/8″ Rear Out, 1 x 1/8″ Center / Sub Out
- Output Impedance: 1Ω, Low Gain: 16—149 Ω (+0 dB)
- Supported Headphone Impedance:
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows® 7, Windows® 8, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10
- 145 x 20 x 128 mm
- Playback & Recording
- Dynamic Range: 122 dB, THD+N (DAC): 0.00032[%]